As a manufacturer, it is crucial that your website has a comprehensive step-by-step plan of action. With a clear mapping of a website and its elements you can attract and guide an audience to a service or product you have to offer quicker and more efficiently. Here are our five tips to help get your plan of action started
1. Clarifying Your Message
One of the most important aspects of a website is clarifying your message quickly and efficiently. Most visitors will only read the first few lines of a website to get an idea what a manufacturer has to offer. In order to capture your audience's attention, you will need to efficiently answer these three questions within five seconds. These questions should be answered within your homepages banner.
Your visitor will want to know the following information
- Question #1: What product or service do you offer?
- Question #2: How does it make my life better?
- Question #3: How do I get it?
Having clear and decisive answers to these questions will make it easier for clients to understand your products and or services as well as how to purchase them. By tackling these questions, you can move on to the next step of your plan of action; The Call to Action.
A Call-To-Action is a way to direct your visitor to the next step or directing them what to do next. This is done by either having a way for your visitor to find a dealer, a button for requesting a quote or demonstration. There is a wide range of different methods to create a Call-To-Action. However, just like the message above you will need to make your Call-to-Action extremely clear.
Make sure your Calls-to-Action are easy to see
- Put one in the upper right-hand corner of every page
- Put one on your homepage banner
- Put one on the footer of every page
3. Mobile Friendly
The third most important tip is to make your website mobile friendly. If you think no one will visit your site outside a traditional desktop or laptop, then you are horribly wrong. Fifty percent of your viewers will be visiting your website on some form of a mobile device, be it a mobile phone or a tablet. It is important to make your website easily readable and friendly for these users.
- Prioritize easy navigation by keeping it simple and clean
- Keep your sentences short
- Use Call To Actions to direct viewers efficiently
4. Correct Keywords
Keywords are important to your website. It is one of many tools used to direct visitors to your website and narrow down searches. Using the proper keywords and within the proper place is key to bringing traffic to your website and increasing search engine results as well as sales.
- Research the keywords that your competitors are using
- Use a keyword suggestion tool to find new keywords
- Make sure each page has been optimized for the appropriate keywords
5. Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an efficient tool to track your website's traffic and provide helpful statistics to be used to increase your SEO. Be sure to track your website traffic and look for trends that may help rank you higher in search engines.
- Are your marketing efforts driving traffic to your website?
- CAUTION: Don't get distracted by looking at vanity numbers like the Number of Page Views. This number is less important than the number of quality visits. For example, you might have thousands of visitors from Russia, but if you are actually selling your products or services in Russia then this number is meaningless.
We hope that you've found these plan of action tips helpful! If you are looking for a plan to provide you with a comprehensive, step-by-step plan of action, you should check our Master Acceleration Plan (MAP), or if you have any questions please reach out to us at email@example.com or call (918) 393-2718. Also, see what we're up to on Facebook and LinkedIn!